Well, "the form" Andy needs signed is all ready to go. His boss got the budget info she needed, so now Andy just needs it signed by a couple of people. After that, it gets submitted and the train starts moving. According to Andy's boss, once the process is going, it's pretty intense. As I mentioned before, we will be assigned a point person from the HR group, who will coordinate all aspects of the relocation. I am hoping to be in touch with this person as well. As soon as we are able, we will be matched with a Realtor in Houston, and I can't wait to get feedback from a real, live person about the areas we have narrowed down. Andy and I will go for a visit sans toddler coming up in April or early May. We still really like the area of Cinco Ranch. I imagine it is where we'll end up. The amenities are wonderful: neighborhood pools, a splash pad, greenbelt trails, family events, social gatherings, a golf club, YMCA, library...the list goes on and on. We are also looking at Grand Lakes, but we need more info about it (that's where the Realtor will come in handy). What is appealing about these master-planned communities is the easy lifestyle and family-friendly activities. We are going to need that because we don't know anyone.
The actual town we are looking at is called Katy. It has grown considerably in the last 15 years thanks to the expanding Energy Corridor in West Houston. Katy is now home to a beautiful new branch of Memorial Hermann Hospital, a new mall, new Y, and so forth. Opportunity exists out there for all of these organizations. (Actually, the Y was funded by Ken Lay, of the now defunct Enron. He had to ask for the $$ back, so it's no long the "Ken Lay Y.") In addition, there are a couple of branches of Houston Community College, so I am looking at joining on as an adjunct instructor in their English and Composition departments.
So, that's the latest and greatest. Stay tuned for further updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment