Thursday, March 27, 2008

Preparation and more Preparation

I must say, I am loving actually having something constructive to do concerning this move. Today I emailed our Houston agent with a list of the homes we're interested in seeing on our first trip. It's always fun to actually tour the houses as online pictures and tours only tell part of the story. We have also made the decision to look at some new construction, but only inventory homes (those already built) so we can compare. Many builders take a large amount off their inventory homes, especially depending on how long they have been available.

Our plan is to go on this initial trip, then once more in May to make our choice. It seems crazy to make such a big decision in a short amount of time (two visits), but, in reality, we've been weighing the pros and cons of the houses/areas/etc. since we first visited in November.

Our other big project involves getting our house ready for appraisal and sale. We already had a lot cleared out and put in storage from last summer when our place was listed (before we knew we were moving to TX) in anticipation of moving to the Chicago 'burbs. This past weekend we painted a wall in our kitchen and installed new 6-panel closet doors. Now we need to take another load to our storage unit--consisting mostly of toys Henry no longer likes. One thing I am definitely looking forward to in Texas is MORE SPACE!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

More space...what I wouldn't give for more space...

That will be nice.

Ingrid said...

PS re: your bookshelf--I'm reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan now. It's really interesting--I recommend it!