Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Uh, yeah, Peter...did you get the memo?"

Andy did get the memo today. But, it was an esoteric, poorly written piece of acronym-laden mumbo-jumbo. The good news? It's prompted a conference call with Andy's boss and group tomorrow morning. (Or, for those in the industry-know, a "tele con.") So, we are really hoping we get some information tomorrow. The memo was global, so we shouldn't read into it too much, but the one part that really stood out to me was the line that they "hope everyone will have their plans set by the end of June." I really hope we know what's going on before then. June?! Because of the wide audience of the memo, I am really hoping that the idea was to spell out a sort of worst case scenario. After all, some people will be finding out they no longer have a job. (Andy's been assured that his job is fine.) I hope I will have some news tomorrow, and I really hope it's more than "We'll tell you in June!"

No comments: