Saturday, May 16, 2009

Catching Up

Blogging has taken a back seat to a busy month of visitors and baby-prepping. We had my mom, Andy's parents, and my sister visit us in the last month. It has been nice to have family in town. Henry also battled Hand-Foot-Mouth for the second time. Apparently, it is something one can get more than once. This time was really bad; he didn't eat solid food for 5 days, which is pretty unreal for our big boy who normally starts his day with a two-egg omelette, cereal bar, and milk. Forget Swine Flu, we were busy dealing with HFM for nearly a week. Henry is back to his normal self.

The weather here in Katy is already toasty. It's been in the 80's, and last week was in the 90's. As I near the end of this pregnancy, I am thankful that I won't be pregnant during the hot summer.

As far as baby news, we are very excited to meet our new little one. I am already 1 cm dilated, so we know that labor could happen at any time. Henry arrived at 38.5 weeks, so our babies like to be a bit early. My mom arrives on the 24th, so I'd be happy to hold out until then, just to make it easier with Henry.

We did find out last week that the baby has bilateral hydronephrosis, which means his/her kidneys are enlarged. I am going for a Level 2 ultrasound on Monday, and we're hoping that the problem clears on its own. The kidneys looked normal when I had my Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks, so this is something that has manifested later. We're trying not to worry, but, as with any issue related to the health of one's children, it is difficult not to be concerned. Luckily, we are in Houston, home of Texas Children's Hospital, which is one of the premier hospital systems in the world, so we are in good hands. We'd certainly appreciate postitive thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you for sure! I'm sure it will be just fine, but it's certainly never easy to hear anything but good news when it comes to your children. Look forward to hearing about the ultrasound. XO

Stacey Faye said...

Let us know about the ultra-sound. We're thinkin' of you guys! :)