As evidenced by the start date of my blog, you all know that I had a lot of time to prepare for our move to Texas. When we were living in limbo, I found comfort in doing as much research as possible on our new home. Whether it was scouring real estate sites for new homes or figuring out how to get my Texas teacher credential, I formed a close relationship with Google. Last Spring, I learned about Meetup.com and decided to check it out. I am sure most of you are familiar with Meetup, but, in case you are not, Meetup.com is a networking site for every imaginable hobby, lifestyle and interest area. You can type in your ZIP code and "moms" or "dalmations" or "running" and find others in your area who are interested in the same thing. It was through Meetup that I found what is now affectionately known as my Momtourage. The group I joined was for moms new to the Katy area who were looking to meet other moms to hang out with, plan playdates for the kids with, and have social time with. I cannot tell you how incredibly lucky I am to have found this group.
A week after we moved, I attended my first meetup, which happened to be a mom's night out at a Mexican restaurant. Since then, we've had all sorts of events, and many of these moms are women I now consider to be my good friends. I can't imagine what my transition here would have been like without these resourceful, fun, energetic women. So, here's a shout out to all of you Momtourage girls--thank you for making my transition to TX living that much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment