Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy Season Begins

Even though Henry will not be attending school this year, there is something about the start of a new school year that results in being busy. I have been trying to figure out how Henry and I will spend our days, and, so far, we have some fun activities lined up. We'll be taking the "Tornado Toddlers" class at our gym on Wednesday mornings. I am thinking it'll be a faux Gymboree experience (which is fine with us!). We did Gymboree in Chicago, but there is not one that close to us here. Plus, as gym members, the price tag is a lot smaller. We'll also be doing MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers, which is a national program) every other Friday. On the alternate Fridays, I will be taking a golf clinic with my neighbor. We've got one sitter lined up, and she will watch Henry and two of my neighbor's kids while we master the links.

I'm also in the middle of training for one of the two adjunct positions I have teaching online. It's a great gig because I can do it when Henry is napping, without having to worry about a babysitter. It's going to be a unique experience teaching in this format, but I am excited about it.

We've also met some moms outside of our play group, so that's been fun. It's nice to have play dates that are not a huge group sometimes. Henry is very social, so it's a real joy to see him with his little friends.

We've decided that life in Texas is good so far. We miss our friends dearly, but we are enjoying the benefits this new lifestyle brings.

No comments: