Monday, August 11, 2008

Adventures in Suburbia

The last couple of weeks have been filled with a visit from Mimi, play dates, pool time, a job offer, and a "Welcome to the Cul-de-sac" party. We've been busy! Andy's mom came in for a visit, and it was great having help as we finally finished our furniture shopping. We did manage to have some fun at the Cinco Ranch Beach Club.


I have been enjoying my "New to Katy" mom's group. We meet-up for play dates and mom's nights out. It's nice to make connections with other moms and plug in to the goings on of the area. Henry and I have been frequenting the pool often, which is the only way to really beat the heat. We have made some friends at the pool at our gym, and we're looking forward to spending some more time with them.

In other news, I will be teaching some online college courses this Fall. I am really excited about having a connection to the teaching world without having to pay for gas or a babysitter. (I can do it all at home when it fits my schedule.) So far, I am signed up with one school, but I will be interviewing with a university in Iowa on Friday as well.

Here's the slide our neighbors had at the "Welcome to the Cul-de-Sac" party they threw for us. Henry had a ball. We love our neighborhood, and we really feel like we lucked out!



No comments: