Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Super Packers

I am doomed. I will never again be able to move without the help of packers. The packing service was provided for us through the company, and it was great! On Monday, the team showed up, packed the majority of the house, and loaded the basement. Yesterday, they finished up the one room left to pack and loaded the rest of the boxes and furniture. Today was the final day, when they disasmembled the bed and crib and off they went.

I will admit that I was sad last night. Something about giving Henry his bath and putting him to bed for the last time in his nursery made this move such a reality. It seems like yesterday that Andy and I were painting and readying the nursery, and to see it stripped down, with nothing but the paint to remind us that this was our little boy's room, was really depressing.

But, this morning was a new day, and now I feel like we are ready to make our move. We also found out that our delivery will be very early in the spread. Our moving representative gave us a spread of the 7th to the 14th for the possible delivery of our goods. We were nervous that the 4th of July holiday would mean that we'd be waiting for days for our things. Today, however, we learned we'd get them on July 8th, with the possibility of them coming on the 7th. I am thrilled to think that we won't have to spend a week on an air mattress and Henry won't have to deal with the pack n play for too long.

Henry has been pleasently resiliant thus far. We got to our temporary residence today (Joe and Melissa's house since they're out of town), and Henry went right down for his nap after eating lunch. I hope this bodes well for the future.

For now, we are going to spend the next few days bidding adieu to our home and friends here in this magnificent city. We will miss it so!

No comments: