Today I booked our flight to Houston from Chicago. By "our" I mean Henry and me. Andy and my dad are taking the great American road trip, with Kirby in tow. For those of you who don't know, my dad loves driving more than anyone I know. He should have been a cartographer because he really likes studying maps and working out routes. I am just relieved that I don't have to take a two-day trip with a toddler! The boys will get on the road in the morning of July 5th, stay in Memphis, and drive the rest of the way to Houston on the 6th. They will actually drive right to the Hobby Airport to pick us up, and then we'll drop my dad off at a lovely airport hotel and he'll fly out the next morning. No, he won't even see our new house. That is just how hard core he is: he's driving just to drive...not to actually "get" anywhere!
The packers and movers come June 30th to begin packing our stuff. On July 1, they'll finish and pick up the items in our storage unit. On July 2, they take the furniture. We'll be moving to Andy's cousin's house for a few nights since they'll be out of town. Having an actual "last night" on the books is hard for me. Even though I am excited to move to our new house, it will be weird to see our condo as it was when we moved in--empty and ready for a new person/couple/family to start filling it with memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment