We had heard that once the relocation paperwork was submitted, we'd be deluged with phone calls for various appointments. Boy, that is the case! So far we've had our condo inspection (passed with flying colors), and we're meeting two potential Realtors this week. We also are anticipating a Friday visit from Al, "stuff surveyor extraordinaire." Al works for the moving company, and his job is to determine the size of truck and crew needed for the move. I've also spoken to a couple of appraisers, so that is underway as well.
In the meantime, we have been faxing pounds of paper back and forth to our agent, trying to finalize our new home. It makes me wonder why there is not a better system for electronic signatures. We are pretty much set, and the next step is the inspection of our new home on our end. Because we won't be able to be there, our agent goes. The home is relatively new (2005), so we are not anticipating many issues, but we are interested to see what the inspector finds.
On a side note, the weather has been perfect here in Chicago this week. I know I complained during the winter, but, really, there is nothing like Chicago in the Spring/Summer. On the other hand, this morning we found two sticks of string cheese on our car and two slices of bologna on our patio. This could have been the result of a few things:
1--The rats that raid the trash and live under our back steps. Yes, I am serious. It's like Nimh down there.
2--Our idiot next door neighbors (renters). They hate us because they think we called the cops during their "jean shorts party" last summer (We didn't, even though we should have because they peed in our parking spot and threw a beer can at our door.) These same neighbors called Andy "Amelia Earhart" when we returned from the BP Holiday Party because he was wearing a scarf. Funny, yes, but, because we can't stand them, it wasn't that funny. (Although, thinking about it now is funny.)
3--The fabled raccoon who has been making his way around our alley. This I can't confirm. He's merely a legend at this point sighted by another neighbor.
So, while I love Chicago in the summer, I hate the fact that it results in bologna on my patio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
3 things made me laugh out loud in this post:
1. bologna on your patio
2. jean shorts party - I had forgotten about that one
3. the Amelia Earhart comment
That's good stuff.
hahah!! Andy has a new nickname. Just wait until you are wearing spurs and a ten gallon hat at the Plymouth, what will they call you there??
Post a Comment