For the past couple of months, the homes we have found on HAR.com (Houston's real estate hub) haven't really gone anywhere. From time to time I'd get a notice that a property I had saved in my bookmarks was no longer available, but it certainly hasn't been that often. Our agent told me that April marks the start of the busy season, but I wasn't sure how this would affect us. Texas schools get out at the end of May, so many people start their house hunts/searches based on that. Well, in the last week, three of the eight homes on our list to see in a couple of weeks are now gone. I know that more will come on the market, so it's not too much of a concern, but it is a sign that we may have to move fast if we find something we can't live without. We are also planning on looking at new construction inventory, in particular a few homes we saw back in November. Of course, the model homes are beautiful, so it's easy to get sucked in when it looks perfect. I have to picture these homes with toys and dog hair to really imagine what it'd be like for us to live there.
In other news, Andy is still waiting to submit the official paperwork. He still needs some info from his boss regarding budget matters. Most likely, July 1 will be the date on the paperwork; although, we don't plan on moving until mid-July.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment