Thursday, December 10, 2009
Thursday Afternoon Update
Mitch is starting to be a bit more responsive. He is still not eating much at all, but the nurses say that is normal. I have been pumping for him at the NICU, and it's nice to have those kinds of resources here. Last night was pretty rough, mostly because our nurse was not great. I don't think she gave us good direction on how to manage his pain, and she was pretty condescending. I finally gave her a piece of my mind at about 4 am when I couldn't take it anymore. Luckily, our nurse today is fabulous. Mitch's catheter was removed and he is peeing well, which is important. he is still on I.V. fluids, but he's now getting his pain meds by mouth. He is also being given a medication to help with the bladder spasms he has from the surgery, which are quite painful. We're hoping those spasms don't last as long for him since there was not much directly involving his bladder with the surgery. We're hoping to see Dr. G this afternoon; although, the Fellow and a Resident have stopped by. We will definitely be in the hospital tonight, and we'll likely go home tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment