It is truly amazing how quickly babies/kids heal and bounce back to normal. Mitch is doing so well. You would never know he had an organ removed less than a week ago! He is no longer on pain meds, and he is back to his normal, happy, smiley self (save the two incisions that are still healing). He is still not able to take a full-on soak in the tub, but he'll be able to do that in a couple of days.
We go for our post-op follow-up on 12/22. He'll have labs drawn that day, so we're hoping everything checks out as normal. Then, in a couple of months he'll have his first of many renal ultrasounds. The hope is that the left kidney remains normal looking and does not develop any issues.
Henry is over his bout with Pneumonia. What a week we had last week! He is gearing up for Christmas, and has asked Santa for a new train. He is busy with his Advent calendar and is really getting into the season. It's a lot of fun to have a 3 year old at Christmas!
In other news, I have been offered a full-time faculty position with Argosy University. I began teaching for them as an adjunct last term, and the Dean contacted me about going full-time after the first of the year. I interviewed and was offered the position. I am really excited about the opportunity. I'll still be teaching online, but I will also be doing some curriculum work and mentoring of other staff. It is a perfect fit for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment