Thursday, June 12, 2008

Under Contract

That's what our condo in Chicago is--under contract! I've been waiting to post about this until the inspection and attorney review period ended successfully. We got an offer on our place a week and two days after we listed it! After negotiating, we settled on a price and closing date. From here, our relocation company buys us out of the deal, so we're done with it. We are very happy to have sold the place ourselves, but it does bring us one step closer to life in Texas. I also keep thinking about the new soon-to-be owner of our place, and I am excited for him, but it is weird to think of someone else living in "our" house!

In other news, Andy is in Houston today because we close on our Houston house today! He did a walk-through this morning, and he'll go back tonight to check out the place. I sent him down with an "essentials" bag, but he may also make a trip to Target to help prepare for our arrival. I am so jealous that he is there without me, but soon enough I'll be there!

Last night my friend, Michelle, hosted a farewell dinner with a small group of my former co-workers. It was so nice to see everyone again, albeit bittersweet. I do miss teaching, but I think one thing I miss the most are my friends from school. (I certainly don't miss grading 125 essays!)
Here are a couple of shots from last night:

No comments: