Saturday, June 28, 2008

Final Week in Chicago

We are heading into our final week in Chicago. It will be very hectic because we'll be out of our house on Wednesday. Luckily, we can stay in the city until we have to leave on July 6th. It will be nice to have a few remaining days, but, once we are out of our place, it will be hard to not have a home here anymore. Andy has been in Canada for the last 5 days, fishing. Lucky guy. He was scheduled to go on this trip long before we knew about the move. He'll return home tomorrow night, and then he'll have to get busy packing his personal items that he use for the next week or so.

I am trying so hard not to be sad, but I am. It really is the best time of the year in our neighborhood. But I have to remember that with summer comes other annoyances...like loud neighbors, drunk Cubs fans and all the other general ballyhoo that summer brings--the local color of summer in the city as we English teachers would call it. I do love this town, but I know there is so much in store for us in Katy. I just need to remember that!

No comments: