Tuesday, November 27, 2007
The Pain of the Holding Pattern
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a planner. I love researching, weighing options, finding info, anything it takes to be informed. Usually, however, there is a marked end to my research--a finishing line. A point. Right now I have none of those things with this Houston move. BP makes the mistake (in my opinion) of sharing news that will uproot the lives of their employees, and then they make us wait. I am not in a hurry to leave Chicago. Hardly. I want to be here through one more summer! But, I do hate not knowing when we will have to move. I have taken a break from endless searching of real estate listings. At this point, it is making me more frustrated than prepared, and my type-A personality can't take it. I hope the upcoming holidays will distract me from the unknown, and, by the time I recover from Christmas, we'll be a step closer to some sort of answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh lady, I can relate! It was nearly unbearable when Chris and I were both looking for jobs and had no idea where we were going to end up. I spent HOURS on realtor.com looking at real estate in virginia beach, tucson, and elsewhere ... I looked until I could barely see anymore. Bravo for taking a break. When it's time to find vendors for moving, let me know. I'll tell you who NOT to get.
I'm type B or C, and it would bother me, too! You're handling everything so well. All you can do is just wait, which is the most frustrating part I'm sure.
Post a Comment