
I am back from a 6 month blogging hiatus. Mitch turned 18 months the other day, so I snapped some pictures and figured I should share. Mitch is gregarious and fearless--which means I spend most of my day chasing him. His last appointment with his Nephrologist went great. His labs are normal, and the ultrasound of his kidney showed that it is growing larger, which is a great sign. Mitch continues to see his Urologist every six months. We are hoping that the visits continue to be completely uneventful! We continue to feel so blessed by the care Mitch received at Texas Children's Hospital. The new West Campus of TCH is opening right near us in Katy, and we have been involved in some efforts as a thank-you for all TCH has done for our family. Andy participated in some landscaping projects, and we donated a Founder's Brick, which is in the entry plaza of TCH--West Campus.

Henry turned four in October, and he has spent the Fall following in the Zone boys' footsteps by playing soccer. He was lucky enough to have "Coach Andy" helping his team, which made for a fun experience for all.
I will try to be better about blogging. I have started my Ed.D., so my free time has become more limited, and I am documenting more of our "everyday lives" in a journal for the boys. I like the posterity of the blog, but I remember my best friend's mother talking about how much she cherished recipes written in her own mother's handwriting. (Her mother died quite young.) So, I am trying to preserve some memories outside of the techno-world!
We are looking forward to the holidays (all of which we are spending in Texas). Our plan for next week is to fry our turkey in our outdoor kitchen!
No comments:
Post a Comment