Henry turned three yesterday! He celebrated by bringing cupcakes to school, and he was excited about the gold crown his teacher gave him to wear. Unlike last year, when he was scared of his flaming Elmo cake, he LOVED his Cars cake, adorned with Lightening McQueen and Mater. We shared it with Juju, who is visiting from PA, and Filo, our cleaning lady. Andy is out of town until Friday, so we'll have another celebration then. I'll post some pics soon!
Henry is very verbal, and he talks like a regular person now, which cracks us up. He'll come up to us and say "C'mon, guys, let's go play this game!" He also remembers EVERYTHING, which is, of course, a blessing and a curse. He has many of his books memorized, and he loves to fill in the story when we pause. He continues to enjoy school and swim lessons. He was promoted to the Dolphin class a few weeks ago. (You didn't think his swimmer parents would let him slip up on that front, did you?) He's learning front crawl, and he can retrieve rings from the bottom of the pool.
Recently, Henry has dropped his usual three hour afternoon nap. I still try, but it's becoming increasingly clear that it's not happening. He has some quiet time in his room, and that's about it. He is pretty tired in the afternoon, so we put him to bed early at 7 or so. I was dreading the dropping of the nap, but, now that I have Mitch's naps to worry about, I am sort of relieved that I don't need to worry about getting Henry down.
We go to his three year well check next week, so I'll update his stats then. He's in 4T clothes, so I am guessing he's pretty high up there on the percentile for height!
Happy Birthday, sweet Henry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah Henry ! Big 3!
Post a Comment