After talking to Dr. Gonzales yesterday, we're made an appointment to see Dr. Brewer in the Nephrology department. She'll manage Mitch's kidney issues from her end. Mitch is now on Bicitra, an antacid he takes 3 times a day. I have to mix it in an ounce of water and give it to him in a bottle. This means he's up to three meds a day: Bicitra, Bactrim (his antibiotic to prevent infection), and Zantac (for his GERd). We're becoming fast friends with the local CVS. (Actually, I am going to switch pharmacies. Note to Katyites: the CVS on Westheimer screws up our prescriptions too often and their service is poor.)
We have our visit with Dr. Brewer tomorrow. I am anxious to hear what she has to say. Mitch will have another blood test tomorrow to see if the Bicitra is working and to ensure his dose is accurate.
He really is such a trooper! He is all smiles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment