We've been settling in as a family of four. When we returned from the hospital stay, my mom and Andy's mom were both with us. My mom left a couple of days later and Mary Lou (Mitch's namesake, by the way) stayed on for another week. The help was much needed. Why did I ever think having only one child was hard?!
Lucky for us, Mitch is a great baby. He rarely cries, and, when he does, there is usually a reason and way to calm him. Henry has been an absolute champ. Prior to Mitch's birth, we were a bit nervous as Henry hit the full-on defiance that comes with being two and a half. But, the stage was short lived (not that "no" has left his vocabulary, but he is a bit easier to reason with), and he is a totally adorable helper who loves his little brother. When I ask him to do something, he replies with a resounding, "OHH-kay!"
Mitch will be four weeks old tomorrow. He is nursing every 2-3 hours still; although, I do get one four-hour stretch from him at night. For the life of me, I can't remember what Henry was doing at this point. I thought I wrote it all down, but I think I was so sleep-deprived in the beginning that I just considered the first few months a total wash. There is a sort of pattern emerging with Mitch's sleep and wake times, but I'm not too focused on it yet. There will be plenty of time devoted to sleep training later, so right now I am just enjoying the flexibility of a newborn.
Henry still takes one long nap each day. Over the past 6 months, he has hit a few stages where he tries to boycott it, but I am not letting him give it up easily. He needs it! He goes to bed around 7:30 or 8 at night and sleeps until 7 am.
We are managing to get out in the mornings, so that helps. It's so bloody hot here already, though. I am seriously considering going to Erie for a chunk of time in summer next year. Houston in the summer is pretty brutal.
More pictures to come. Andy's taken over picture duty on the new Mac, and I am writing from my laptop, so I have to make an effort to share some shots of our boys. And, so far, it's what I expected: Andy and Henry cracking up whenever Mitch poops or passes gas. Some things never change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poop is funny. It's true.
I consider it great progress that you're blogging. And I can't believe Mitch is already a month old. Hang in there, mama! Can't wait to see pics of Henry and Mitch together.
So glad to hear everything is going well!!! Two sounds crazy -- I guess I can't complain about just Ollie!! We're heading to Erie from the 3rd-18th of July -- hope to see you guys! I can't remember when you said you were going back for Amy's wedding????
Post a Comment