Saturday, September 13, 2008
Zones: 1, Ike: 0
Clearly, this score is better than the ND/Michigan score from today. We didn't get to see the game (a blessing, I think) because we just got our power back. We lost power at 9 pm last night, and it came back on around 6:15 pm. It's been a long day, but we have a lot to be thankful for. Our home and neighborhood didn't suffer damage. The winds picked up around 10 pm, and then at 5 am they were strong enough to inspire us to get Henry out of the crib and head for the master bedroom closet. Henry thought that laying in the closet was a total gas, and, of course, he wouldn't sleep. Luckily, we got him to take a 3 hour nap this afternoon. Overall, we did fine through our first hurricane. It's not something I'd want to deal with often! Houston is going to be a mess for awhile, though, so send your prayers this way! Thanks to everyone for checking in on us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's phenomenal! I just heard a report on NPR this morning that said Houston would probably be powerless for 3 days or more and thought for sure you'd be heading to Austin. Guess you're far enough away. So glad you all are safe and sound.
I'm so glad to hear your safe and sound. It's great that your power came back on so quickly!
Happy to hear you're all safe and sound! At least Henry had fun playing in the closet. I'm sure he'll always remember that!
Thanks so much for keeping us all in the loop! I think it's obivous that the postive energy power of friends and family might have helped get the eletricity you needed. But have you noticed that the Nittany Lions, Wildcats, Badgers, and Fighting Irish only were concerend with sending postive energy for your hurricane concerns?
All kidding aside...we are just glad you are all safe! Aunt C
Post a Comment