We've been on vacation for the last week in the Dominican Republic, and, when we flew back to Chicago last night, we were greeted with sub-zero temps. (We were also greeted with a man rolling his eyes on the plane when we sat down with Henry, screaming from our over-tired 15-month-old on said plane, and, once at baggage claim at O'Hare, the knowledge that our checked car seat never made it from Miami.) After being in warm weather all week, not having to bundle up the kid, I find myself getting more excited about the idea of being in a warmer climate. Yes, I know that Houston is a sticky, hot mess in the summer, but, I don't know many Chicagoans who are willingly hanging out outside today. Hot or cold: there are times of the year that just plain ol' stink in certain places. While we were on our vacation, the "Texans are REALLY friendly" belief once again held true when we met a nice couple and their son, who were also vacationing at the resort. This family currently lives in D.C., but they are originally from Houston. After determining where Andy would be working, and us telling them where we'd be interested in living, the woman was very excited, telling me about a nice area where her sister lives. She even went so far as to offer me her sister's email address. While I didn't take her up on the email offer, I did gather as much information from her as I could. She was clearly excited for us.
As for when we'll be moving, well, that's still an unknown. And, the minute we know anything, I will surely post about it. Until then, I am going to curse the weather and all the winter gear I have to worry about. No more sandals and sunscreen for Henry now--we're playing inside!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment