Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Vendetta Against People Who Don't Shovel

What is it with people who live in the city who don't shovel their piece of sidewalk? It's their civic duty (or their landlord's or condo association's duty), and it's the proverbial thorn in my side (my dog-walking-stroller-pushing side, that is). I have been lugging Henry around in the Ergo (our souped up baby carrier), but today I decided to give the stroller a go. After all, the snowstorm was on Saturday night. You'd think people would have had time to shovel by now. Big mistake. I want to make fliers that I post on the fences/doors of the offenders that say "Please shovel." Then I thought I could be even more threatening by spray painting a red, menacing snowflake on the lawns of the offenders. Ah, to dream. This, of course, will never happen, but I do fantasize about it. Just for kicks, I checked out the weather in Houston on the Houston Chronicle website. You know what the current temperature was? 74 degrees. So, I can add another item to my "pro" list for Houston: there will be no risk of me defacing my neighbor's snow there!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I took Ethan for a walk today, first time in weeks, and there was one whole block of non-shoveled walks. I had to walk in the street at one point it was so bad. I think it made me even more angry that I was walking on the "rich" side of 47th and the non-shoveled walks belonged to people with million dollar homes. Don't they just pay someone to do it, like they do for their Christmas lights? I'm going out to buy some red spray paint!